Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Mounagurusamy, Jayakumar (HAL)" <JM...@HollandAmerica.com> on 2003/06/21 00:01:39 UTC

Commons logging, SimpleLog configuration

Hello,

1.struts 1.1 rc2
2.Application Server - websphere5.0
3.commons-logging.properties and simplelog.properties files are in
WEB-INF/classes directory like
WEB-INF/classes/commons-logging.properties
WEB-INF/classes/simplelog.properties
4. configured for trace level

Following is the commons logging to use Simplelog configuration

commons-logging.properties file contains
org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog

simplelog.properties file contains
----------------------------------
# Logging detail level,
# Must be one of ("trace", "debug", "info", "warn", "error", or "fatal").
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=trace
# Logs the Log instance used
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showlogname=true
#Logs the class name with package(or Path)
#( Valid Values "true","false". Default Value "true")
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showShortLogname= false
#Logs date and time( Valid Values "true","false". Default Value "false")
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showdatetime=true

Problem. I do not see my debug and trace level logs in any of the file, Am I
missing something here?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks

Jay