Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tom Purcell <tp...@chariotsolutions.com> on 2008/05/27 19:26:57 UTC

Surefire Property Filtering

Hello
    We want to be able to filter properties for our unit tests. For instance
a developer's build will run against our continuous integration build. We
have set up maven profiles and property filter files that work fine for the
actually build but the property filtering does not happen when the surefire
plugin runs the tests. Here's the build section of our pom:

    <build>
        <filters>
            <filter>src/main/filters/${wile-filter-properties}</filter>
            <filter>src/test/filters/${wile-filter-properties}</filter>
        </filters>
        <resources>
            <resource>
                <includes>
                    <include>**/*</include>
                </includes>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
            </resource>
        </resources>
        <testResources>
            <testResource>
                <directory>src/test/resources</directory>
                <includes>
                    <include>**/*</include>
                </includes>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
            </testResource>
        </testResources>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <version>2.4.2</version>
                <configuration>

<redirectTestOutputToFile>true</redirectTestOutputToFile>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks
Tom

Re: Surefire Property Filtering

Posted by Tom Purcell <tp...@chariotsolutions.com>.
Never mind,
   This was my bad The file I was filtering looked like:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@"${wile.asset.jdbc.hostname}":"${wile.asset.jdbc.port}":"${wile.asset.jdbc.sid}"

Notice the quotes. Removed them and it worked. Arghh!

Thanks
Tom