Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2014/11/01 03:54:22 UTC

RE: For Guidance

Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:41:32 +0530
Subject: Re: For Guidance
From: ckhatrimanjal@gmail.com
To: dkulp@apache.org
CC: dev@ws.apache.org

Thank you man, I didnt get much.
My requirement is as below:Design Interface in Swing Java which Takes SOAP End Point in WSDL 1.0 (not 2.0) formatBased on GET/POST action from End User Interface will generate RESTful web service for End User

MG>Rest is used for retrieving simple atomic types  like single string or simple JSON structure
MG>REST can be achieved with Bind your service directly to HTTP Methods such as Get using JAX-RShttp://www.mkyong.com/webservices/jax-rs/file-upload-example-in-resteasy/

If I read wsdl file using any wsdl reader and then get Declaration/Definition,Operation ,Port name, Message andusing JAX-RS Jersey shall i generate Restful web service, actually Also want to develop vice versa tool which also generate Rest2SOAP web service.
I only knows Java-J2EE not having much knowledge about web service as MS student.
can you please give description that how to start it.
Your Help is highly appreciated.
On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 10:48 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

On Oct 20, 2014, at 2:08 PM, Chetan Khatri <ck...@gmail.com> wrote:
Respected Sir,This is Chetan Khatri, Student of Master of Computer Science, I want your help as guidance for SOAP2Rest Tool in Java.
My suggestion would be just write an XSLT or similar that would take a WSDL and spit out a WADL.   Since both WSDL and WADL use xml schema to describe the types, all the schema parts should map over easily.  Mapping the operations to straight “POST” calls would then be pretty trivial.      A tool like CXF’s wadl2java can then be used to create interfaces and such to be able to use as a starting point.
That said, most SOAP services would make pretty crappy REST services.   While the above would work, it wouldn’t be ideal.
Dan

I want to generate Restful webservice Based on WSDL.I have thought following couple of ways to accomplish this task. But have nt found specific Example which can demonstrate.1)Use AXIS22)Use Woden3)Use WSDL4J
Help with Demonstration with Example highly appreciated.
Thank you.
--
Yours Aye,Chetan Khatri.(RCP)M.8460316817Master Of Computer ScienceBhuj-KutchINDIA

-- Daniel Kulp

Yours Aye,Chetan Khatri.(RCP)M.8460316817Master Of Computer ScienceBhuj-KutchINDIA