Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Guruprasad Jois <gk...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/28 10:46:01 UTC

Solr 6.6.2 build from source is failing

Hi,
    After Jan 15th maven is allowing only https connections to repo. But
solr 6.6.2 version uses http connection. So builds are failing.
Is there any workaround for this?

Below are the errors we are getting when we do ant ivy-bootstrap && ant
compile && ant package

ivy-bootstrap1:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /root/.ant/lib
     [echo] installing ivy 2.3.0 to /root/.ant/lib
      [get] Getting:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ivy/ivy/2.3.0/ivy-2.3.0.jar
      [get] To: /root/.ant/lib/ivy-2.3.0.jar
      [get] Error opening connection java.io.IOException: Server
returned HTTP response code: 501 for URL:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ivy/ivy/2.3.0/ivy-2.3.0.jar
      [get] Error opening connection java.io.IOException: Server
returned HTTP response code: 501 for URL:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ivy/ivy/2.3.0/ivy-2.3.0.jar
      [get] Error opening connection java.io.IOException: Server
returned HTTP response code: 501 for URL:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ivy/ivy/2.3.0/ivy-2.3.0.jar
      [get] Can't get
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ivy/ivy/2.3.0/ivy-2.3.0.jar
to /root/.ant/lib/ivy-2.3.0.jar

Regards,
Guru.

Re: Solr 6.6.2 build from source is failing

Posted by sevanthi <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Even I am facing issue with ant build for lucene6.0 version, even after
changing the URLS from http to https .

Can you please provide the exact change files to make ant build to be work.

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: Solr 6.6.2 build from source is failing

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
This is of course unfortunate, but we’ll most likely not release a 6.x version, so the official solution is to upgrade.
You can of course patch your local checkout of 6.x to fix the urls so you can build.
And if you make a Pull Request we may merge that to branch_6_6 even if there will not be a new release.

Jan