Posted to repository@apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/27 12:55:01 UTC

getting checksums of every file

There is a project (hadoop) that is trying to work backwards from
stuff in lib directories to repository-managed artifacts. Is there a
list somewhere -or a web site- that can go backwards from SHA1/MD5
checksums to artifact versions. A bit like .NET has the
Windows\Assembly directory?

-steve

Re: getting checksums of every file

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 27/11/2008, at 11:30 PM, Steve Loughran wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> A subset of the repo is available through:
>> http://vmbuild.apache.org/archiva/findArtifact.action
>> We're still working on a full instance.
>>
>> Nexus does the same thing now and runs off a mirror of central:
>> http://repository.sonatype.org/index.html
>

> I can see nexus works. Incidentally, both tools should say SHA1
> checksum, as they don't like MD5s, and there are no cues other than
> trial and error

Archiva takes MD5, but that instance has a small repo (eg, try
49e112a6c1ad24962643ef9494f9cbe1)

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: getting checksums of every file

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 2:58 AM, Brian E. Fox <br...@reply.infinity.nu> wrote:
> It's working ok here. Note you can also use the REST api directly:
> http://repository.sonatype.org/service/local/data_index?sha1=99129f16442844f6a4a11ae22fbbee40b14d774f

Using Yahoo! search engine. That way hadoop gets to index hadoops'
artifacts. Very self referential, in a way that is more positive than
the recen t"chukwa shouldn't log disk errors to the failing disk" bug
report

RE: getting checksums of every file

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
It's working ok here. Note you can also use the REST api directly:
http://repository.sonatype.org/service/local/data_index?sha1=99129f16442844f6a4a11ae22fbbee40b14d774f

> Archiva finds that just fine :) I can't really speak as to how Nexus works.
>
> You can also just google the checksum.

That's an idea. BigTable stores everything

Re: getting checksums of every file

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
A subset of the repo is available through: http://vmbuild.apache.org/archiva/findArtifact.action
We're still working on a full instance.

Nexus does the same thing now and runs off a mirror of central: http://repository.sonatype.org/index.html

Cheers,
Brett

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
This may be not what you're looking for, but there's a website,
http://people.apache.org/~henkp/cgi-bin/md5.cgi
<http://people.apache.org/%7Ehenkp/cgi-bin/md5.cgi> where you put in the
MD5 checksum, and it returns a lot of info about the artifact.

-Marshall