Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/02 08:22:24 UTC

Is term~ effect available as a eDisMax param or a TokenFilter?

Hello,

I am trying to match the names. In UI, I can do it by doing name~ or
name~2, but I can't expect users to do that and I don't want to do
pre-tokenization in the middleware to inject that. Also, only specific
fields are names, people can also enter phone numbers, which I don't
want to fuzz when matching their fields.

I thought eDisMax allowed to specify as part of 'fl' (fl=SURNAME~1
FIRSTNAME~1) but that does not seem to work. I know there are other
parameters that do take that, but they all seem to be for phrases
distance, not fuzzy.

So, the question is, is the same algorithm (levenshtein distance?)
available in some other way, like a an TokenFilter? I know there are
other name munging filters there (like Metaphone), but was curious
specifically about the equivalent one.

Regards,
   Alex.
Current project: http://www.solr-start.com/ - Accelerating your Solr proficiency