Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Simon Juden <Si...@ProQuestAlison.com> on 2002/12/17 18:39:17 UTC

Problems with samba under XP

I get java.io.FileNotFoundExceptions when attempting to access files
crossmounted via Samba from a RedHat 7.3 box onto an XP box.  Happens from
within servlets and within a JSP scriptlet.

However, I can access the files just fine outside Tomcat ie in a noddy
standalone java app running under the *same* JVM.

I can also access the files just fine from within Tomcat under NT or W2K.
It's the combination of XP and Tomcat that seems not to work.

This happens with Tomcat 3.2.4, 3.3.1, 4.0.6 and 4.1.12 under the 1.3.1_03
and 1.4.1_01 Sun JDKs.

Has anyone else seen this, or is anyone successfully reading files
crossmounted in this way?

Many thanks in advance

Simon

ProQuest Alison

Please note Alison Associates is now ProQuest Alison - this is purely a change of name to bring us in line with the rest of the ProQuest group.  As a result our e-mail domain has changed to proquestalison.com.  We will also continue to accept messages addressed to alisonassociates.com until 1st January 2003.  Please can you ensure that you change any address book entries that you have to use the new proquestalison.com addresses.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attached files is intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may be privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. The views of the author may not necessarily reflect the views of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient please do not copy or convey this message or any attached files to any other person but delete this message and any attached files and notify us of incorrect receipt via e-mail to mailadmin@proquestalison.com.