Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> on 2017/11/20 19:50:03 UTC

Flaky tests?

Hey folks,

It seems some of our tests have gotten pretty flaky lately again. Some of
it is likely due to churn in test infrastructure (running on a different VM
type now I think) but it makes me a little nervous to go into the 1.6
release with some tests at 5%+ flaky.

Can we get some volunteers to triage the top couple most flaky? Note that
"triage" doesn't necessarily mean "fix" -- just want to investigate to the
point that we can decide it's likely to be a test issue or known existing
issue rather than a regression before the release.

I'll volunteer to look at consensus_peers-itests (the top most flaky one).

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: Flaky tests?

Posted by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com>.
An update: the flakiness in raft_consensus_nonvoter-itest has been fixed.

Re: Flaky tests?

Posted by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Flaky tests?

Posted by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Flaky tests?

Posted by Andrew Wong <aw...@cloudera.com>.
N/w! I should have checked with you beforehand given you were already in
the area (per your response last week). Seems the double-effort was fairly
minimal anyway.

With the fixes for tablet_copy-itest and delete_table-itest checked in, the
next-highest offenders on the dashboard
<http://dist-test.cloudera.org:8080/> are:

   - raft_consensus_nonvoter-itest (9.62%)
   - linked_list-test (8.45%)