Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/12 21:17:35 UTC

Free Webinar: Findability: Designing the Search Experience

Here's perhaps the coolest webinar we've done to date, IMO :)

I attended Tyler's presentation at Lucene EuroCon* and thoroughly
enjoyed it.  Search UI/UX is a fascinating topic to me, and really
important to do well for the applications most of us are building.

I'm pleased to pass along the blurb below.  See you there!

	Erik

* http://lucene-eurocon.org/sessions-track2-day2.html#3

--------

Lucid Imagination presents a free webinar
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:00 AM PST / 1:00 PM EST / 19:00 CET
Sign up at http://www.eventsvc.com/lucidimagination/081810?trk=ap

You don't need billions of dollars or users to build a user-friendly
search application. In fact, studies of how and why people search have
revealed a set of principles that can  result in happy users who find
what they're seeking with as little friction as possible -- and help
you build a better, more successful search application.

Join special guest Tyler Tate, user experience designer at UK-based
TwigKit Search, for a high-level discussion of key user interface
strategies for search that can be leveraged with Lucene and Solr. The
presentation covers:
* Ten things to know about designing the search experience
* When to assume users know what they’re looking for – and when not to
* Navigation/discovery techniques, such as faceted navigation, tag
clouds, histograms and more
* Practical considerations in leveraging suggestions into search
interactions

Lucid Imagination presents a free webinar
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:00 AM PST / 1:00 PM EST / 19:00 CET
Sign up at http://www.eventsvc.com/lucidimagination/081810?trk=ap

About the presenter: Tyler Tate is co-founder of TwigKit, a UK-based
company focused on building truly usable interfaces for search. Tyler
has led user experience design for enterprise applications from CMS to
CRM, and is the creator of the popular 1KB CSS Grid. Tyler also
organizes a monthly Enterprise Search Meetup in London, and blogs at
blog.twigkit.com.

professional training, best practices consulting, along with and value-
add software and free documentation and certified distributions of
Lucene and Solr.

"Apache Lucene" and "Apache Solr" are trademarks of the Apache
Software Foundation.