Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by heimi <he...@heimi.net> on 2008/09/09 11:35:25 UTC

Beginner Question SOAp Faluts and Namespaces

Hi,
I am a CXF Beginner. My first Webservices are running fine, but now I have a
problem with one of my customers that catches as Soap Fault from my side and
says the reponse is not Schema compliant.
Though I do not believe this is true, I do not understand why the SOAP
response is build this way:

The Fault looks like this:

- <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
- <soap:Body>
- <soap:Fault>
  <faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
  <faultstring>Testexception on demand</faultstring>
- <detail>
- <ns1:Webservice xmlns:ns1="http://vapbackend.toyotafinance.de/">
  <code xmlns:ns2="http://vapbackend.toyotafinance.de/">TESTCODE</code>
  <logLevel xmlns:ns2="http://vapbackend.toyotafinance.de/"
xmlns:ns4="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xsi:type="ns4:int">12</logLevel>
  <exceptionId
xmlns:ns2="http://vapbackend.toyotafinance.de/">WSEXCID:1220951343921</exceptionId>
  <fieldName xmlns:ns2="http://vapbackend.toyotafinance.de/"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:nil="true" />
  </ns1:Webservice>
  </detail>
  </soap:Fault>
  </soap:Body>
  </soap:Envelope>

Customers uses a PHP Framework to parse the response and it says:
SchemaCompliance - FAILED
line 9: Invalid xsi:type qname: 'ns4:int'

So what he really expects is a Fault that looks like this:
- <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
- <soap:Body>
- <soap:Fault>
  <faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
  <faultstring>Testexception on demand</faultstring>
- <detail>
- <ns1:Webservice xmlns:ns1="http://vapbackend.toyotafinance.de/">
  <code>TESTCODE</code>
  <logLevel>12</logLevel>
  <exceptionId>WSEXCID:1220951343921</exceptionId>
  <fieldName/>
  </ns1:Webservice>
  </detail>
  </soap:Fault>
  </soap:Body>
  </soap:Envelope>

Any ideas how I could shorten the Fault ? The Exception has only 2
Annotations today. They are in the heade and look like this:
@WebFault(name = "Webservice")
@XmlAccessorType(XmlAccessType.FIELD)

Is the Webservice really not Schema compliant ?

Thanx for reading this.
Heimi