Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by marijan milicevic <m....@onehippo.com> on 2012/01/08 14:20:28 UTC

concerning spring upgrade to 3.1

Hi all,
fyi:

if you happen to run external tomcat (so you don't start fresh install)
you may get following exception after login:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/springframework/security/taglibs/authz/AuthorizeTag
     at
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.views.page_jsp._jspx_meth_sec_005fauthorize_005f0(page_jsp.java:397)
     at
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.views.page_jsp._jspService(page_jsp.java:146)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
     at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:388)
     at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
     at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)

it took me some time  to figure out why this was happening (e.g.
checking jars etc), in the end, deleting
catalina_home/work directory solved it for me..
cheers
marijan

RE: concerning spring upgrade to 3.1

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

Thanks, Marijan.  We need to record these types of issues & fixes somewhere, so that other members of the community don't have to go looking at the dev list archives.  The two places I think may work are JIRA & a troubleshooting page on the website.  Does anyone else in the community have a better place?