Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@apache.org> on 2019/09/09 21:35:59 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.9.0 (RC1)

Hello All,

         Please cast your vote on this thread to release RC1 as the
official Qpid Dispatch Router version  1.9.0.

RC1 of Qpid Dispatch Router version 1.9.0 can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/1.9.0-rc1/

The following  improvements, and bug fixes are introduced in 1.9.0:

Improvements -
    DISPATCH-480 - Default tests timeout is too short for some machines
    DISPATCH-1266 - Improve router's handling of unsettled multicast deliveries
    DISPATCH-1338 - Improvements to edge router documentation
    DISPATCH-1345 - Reduce the number of QDR_LINK_FLOW events by
coalescing credit grants
    DISPATCH-1346 - Create documentation for priority delivery
    DISPATCH-1347 - Update documentation for Dispatch Router console
    DISPATCH-1350 - Update logging/monitoring documentation
    DISPATCH-1353 - Document how to configure access policy control on
router-initiated connections
    DISPATCH-1354 - Interrouter annotation processing uses slow methods
    DISPATCH-1370 - Move the schema, connect, and entities tabs to the
right in the console
    DISPATCH-1372 - alloc_pool intrusive linked list can be replaced
by a linked stack
    DISPATCH-1374 - Add qdstat options --all-routers and all-entities
which display statistics of all routers and displays all entities
    DISPATCH-1376 - Make it easier to change the product name in the console
    DISPATCH-1379 - Message receive performance improvements
    DISPATCH-1381 - Create documentation for configuring fallback destinations
    DISPATCH-1382 - Document ability to force-close a connection from
the web console
    DISPATCH-1385 - qd_message_list_t is dead code
    DISPATCH-1388 - Authorization doc fails to describe vhost
abstraction clearly
    DISPATCH-1396 - Doc how to start the router

Bug fixes -
    DISPATCH-1359 - Set ctest timeout to 300 seconds.
    DISPATCH-1361 - system_tests_fallback_dest hanging in some cases
    DISPATCH-1362 - Shutdown crash when trying to clean up fallback addresses
    DISPATCH-1365 - Table of links with delayed deliveries is showing
all endpoint links
    DISPATCH-1378 - missing lock of connection's links_with_work list
    DISPATCH-1380 - qdrouterd leaves dangling qd_link_t pointer
    DISPATCH-1383 - system_tests_policy is timing out
    DISPATCH-1387 - Coverity issues on master branch
    DISPATCH-1391 - Proton link reference not cleared on router link
objects during session close
    DISPATCH-1394 - qd_check_message() incorrectly validates partially
received messages
    DISPATCH-1398 - "Expression with no effect" warning for console web
    DISPATCH-1404 - message annotation parsing incorrectly uses
->remainder for current buffer capacity
    DISPATCH-1406 - Inter-router link stall on receive client failover
    DISPATCH-1407 - Memory leak on link policy denial
    DISPATCH-1408 - system_tests_distribution failing when running
under valgrind
    DISPATCH-1410 - attach of auto-links not logged
    DISPATCH-1413 - system_tests_two_routers.py failing intermittently on Travis

Thanks.

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.9.0 (RC1)

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:29 PM Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com> wrote:

> -1
>
> There's a race where lots of connect-receive_one_message-disconnect cycles
> eventually core dump when the system tries to process a freed connection.

This crash needs to be fixed. We have a JIRA to track this -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-1417
I am canceling this vote. Will put out an RC2 vote once we fix this crash.

Thanks.

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
-1

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
-1

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 at 22:36, Ganesh Murthy <gm...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>          Please cast your vote on this thread to release RC1 as the
> official Qpid Dispatch Router version  1.9.0.
>
> RC1 of Qpid Dispatch Router version 1.9.0 can be found here:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/1.9.0-rc1/
>
> <snipped>

(Re-sending as I didnt spot it was cross-posted to both lists and so
didnt reply-all)

+1

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files present in the archive.
- Ran mvn apache-rat:check to verify the licence headers.
- Built against Proton 0.29.0 and ran the tests, all passed.
- Ran the Qpid JMS HelloWorld example against the installed router.

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.9.0 (RC1)

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 1:59 AM Michael Goulish <mg...@redhat.com> wrote:

> May I vote DELAY?
> Could you please not conclude this vote until you receive my vote?
>
> I am seeing something that I don't understand with a large multicast test,
> and I would like to cast my vote only after I have a chance to talk to Ken
> Giusti about it.
>
> Unfortunately I am out today seeing a doctor about a brain transplant, but
> I think I will be able to contact Ken sometime today if all goes well and
> we will get this resolved.

No worries. The vote concludes only tomorrow night.
Thanks.

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Michael Goulish <mg...@redhat.com>.
May I vote DELAY?

Posted by Michael Goulish <mg...@redhat.com>.
May I vote DELAY?

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 09/09/2019 10:35 pm, Ganesh Murthy wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>           Please cast your vote on this thread to release RC1 as the
> official Qpid Dispatch Router version  1.9.0.
>
> RC1 of Qpid Dispatch Router version 1.9.0 can be found here:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/1.9.0-rc1/

+1, built from source, ran tests and installed. Ran relevant python
examples and a c++ qpid::messaging example against it. Ran it through
enmasse CI.

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.9.0 (RC1)

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.