Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Monnerie <mi...@it-management.at> on 2006/04/20 14:09:31 UTC

HAM with 0.55 gets marked as SPAM?

Hello, I just received some ham from my bank, with information about new
stocks - trustful, I would say (as far as you can trust your bank,
though).

Now here are the headers:

I've put the full message here:
http://zmi.at/x/ham1.txt

Now, how can 0.55 points become 5.55?

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660/4156531                          .network.your.ideas.
// PGP Key:   "lynx -source http://zmi.at/zmi3.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint: 44A3 C1EC B71E C71A B4C2  9AA6 C818 847C 55CB A4EE
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                 Key-ID: 0x55CBA4EE

Re: HAM with 0.55 gets marked as SPAM?

Posted by Michael Monnerie <mi...@it-management.at>.
On Donnerstag, 20. April 2006 16:12 Gary V wrote:
> [qr'^(bulkmail|offers|cheapbenefits|earnmoney|foryou)@'i         =>
> 5.0],
> sender 'bulkmail' will add 5 points

Yak, that's ugly. I never saw that amavis makes this. And it must be my
bank changed the server, as they occasionally send me that stock info.

> You can set:
> $remove_existing_spam_headers  = 0;
> but I don't recommend it because it can confuse procmail or MUAs that
> trigger an action based on the contents of the header.

Super, thank you, I'll use it because I control both servers, and if any
of them says it's SPAM, so it be. Amen.

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.
I know this is not SpamAssassin related but it used to be that mail
quarantined by amavis would not reflect any of the @score_sender_maps score
changes.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amavis-user&m=112145822701374&w=2

A change was made in version 2.3.3:

- in quarantined mail the reported spam score in X-Spam-Status header field
  now includes maximum of all by-recipient score boosts (less surprising
  when soft-whitelisting through @score_sender_maps is in use); suggested
  by Mike Cappella and Gary V;

Re: HAM with 0.55 gets marked as SPAM?

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.

>Interesting trick. It's a shame amavis doesn't identify when it doctors the
>score in the X-Spam-Status header. It would be nice if it reported
>something like:

>so you could tell how much of the score was directly added by amavis and
>not a
>part of SA... That said, those who know amavis does this can subtract off
>and
>figure it out, but it's always nice to be clear about where the score came
>from.

Newer versions at least give you a hint:

        tests=[ALL_TRUSTED=-1.8, BAYES_05=-1.11, MISSING_SUBJECT=1.816]

Gary V

Re: HAM with 0.55 gets marked as SPAM?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.

>On Donnerstag, 20. April 2006 15:50 Matt Kettler wrote:
> > I don't know.. but another question would be does amavisd-new
> > correctly handle AWL hits?
>
>I didn't see a mistake those last years, and yes, I have correct AWL
>mails. This is in the header from your mail:

>mfg zmi

In amavisd.conf:

Posted by Michael Monnerie <mi...@it-management.at>.

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
Michael Monnerie wrote:
> Hello, I just received some ham from my bank, with information about new
> stocks - trustful, I would say (as far as you can trust your bank,
> though).
>
> Now here are the headers:

> I've put the full message here:
> http://zmi.at/x/ham1.txt
>
> Now, how can 0.55 points become 5.55?

I don't know.. but another question would be does amavisd-new correctly
handle AWL hits?

note: because you're using amavisd-new, that X-Spam-Status was not
written by SA. It was written by amavis.

Re: HAM with 0.55 gets marked as SPAM?

Posted by Michael Monnerie <mi...@it-management.at>.
On Donnerstag, 20. April 2006 14:09 Michael Monnerie wrote:
> Now here are the headers:

I've checked the logs on the "outer" mailgate, there it was ham:

CLEAN, [193.164.224.209] <bu...@msg.ecetra.com> ->
<MY...@zmi.at>, Message-ID:
<20...@curacao.island.ecetra.com>, Hits: 3.372,
10101 ms

Mails are rechecked on the internal gate, which obviously came to other
conclusions. Is there a way to tell amavis not to remove the SA headers
from the previous scanner?