Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Richard Harding <ri...@ricksweb.info> on 2003/11/04 14:21:03 UTC

[users@httpd] now that I have bind running an apache module error on load

I set up Bind on my Debian server and it all seems to be working great.
I have machines internal to the network using it and resolving
everything external fine as well as the various calls to this machine.
(http://www.domain.com, mail.domain.com, domain.com)

pinging on the linux machine itself for each of these works as well so
the reverse all seems to be fine and everything.

Now the problem is that my hostname is set up in apache to be domain.com
and I am getting an error on attempts to start apache:
alert] mod_unique_id: unable to gethostbyname

Now by reading up on this module
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_unique_id.html) it sure seems like
this is used for some sort of cluster management...which I am not using
so I just commented out the line and all seems to be well. Still, I did
not get this error before I had the DNS server running on this machine
and I have been using this as a web server for a year now.

Any idea as to why the name appears to resolve fine in every way, but
throws an error on this module?

Thanks for any help!

Rick