Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Alba <ma...@mobliss.com> on 2001/05/25 19:58:53 UTC

Connection/Database pooling

Hi,

  I was wondering if someone can give me a little advice.
I am currently using Apache webserver, Tomcat server,
and an Oracle database. I have created a wireless app
using JSPs/WML. Basically I was wondering how best
to architect it to take full advantage of Tomcats connection
and database pooling? Should I be using servlets versus
JSPs? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

  Thanks for your help in advance!

Re: Connection/Database pooling

Posted by Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@teledyn.com>.
Not a dumb question at all: DB connection pooling is not intrinsic to
Tomcat, but must be grafted on using a 3rd-party library (there are
many).  None of these will prevent you from using JSP; the connection
pool looks exactly like a normal JDBC connection.

You may want to browse through the docs for Jakarta-Turbine as an
alternative application environment that sits on top of Tomcat and
provides many services, including db connection pools.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@teledyn.com> TeleDynamics Communications Inc

CLASSLOADERS!

Posted by Leon Palermo <le...@zedak.com>.
Hello all,

Does anyone out there have knowledge of ClassLoaders in Tomcat?  More specifically, why does the ClassLoader for the compiled JSPs differ from the standard servlets within a web application?  Is there any way to synchronize the two while the application's context is reloadable?  Thanks in advance!

Leon Palermo