Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ab...@mpsa.com on 2002/06/11 16:21:33 UTC

Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Réf. : Re: compiling PHP

I've checked all that and it just keep telling me the same eror message
printed in my preious mail

libphp4.a seems to be up to date.

Here are my exact steps

Apache
./configure

PHP
./configure --with-apache=/soft/apache_1.3.22
make
make install

Apache
after checking if libphp4.a exists , and not finding it in apache
directory, I create it in the src/modules/php4/libphp4.a under Apache files
directory

./configure --prefix=/soft/apa --enable-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a
make

ERROR message here
> ===> src/modules/php4
> make[4]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
> make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/soft/apache_1.3.22/src'
> make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/soft/apache_1.3.22'
> make: *** [build] Error 2

no make install possible

If anyone had any guess ?

thanx to u all

 ===> src/modules/php4
 make[4]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
 make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
 make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
 make[2]: Leaving directory `/soft/apache_1.3.22/src'
 make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
 make[1]: Leaving directory `/soft/apache_1.3.22'
 make: *** [build] Error 2

                    esteban@epnet.
                    com.ar               Pour :  <us...@httpd.apache.org>
                                         cc :
                    10/06/2002           Objet : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Réf. : Re:
                    16:10                 compiling PHP
                    Veuillez
                    répondre à
                    users

Hi,

Do you check the files that you have in PHP/libs after compiling PHP??.. I
have some problems with that... check if the date and time of libphp.a is
up to your last compiling of PHP.
if not check if there is another file .a with the correct time and date of
PHP´s compiling. If it exists, copy it as libphp.a ....

Byesss.
Esteban

Abdel.ramli@mpsa.com  :

> Dear friends,
>
> I'm trying to get php work with Apache and am running out of ideas.
> Yesterday 2 kind guys Rabea and Esteban helped me and as I've been
through
> their instal process I'm still getting the following error, can anyone
help
> me with the following error message ?
>
> Thanx a lot
>
> Thanx
>

> anlib libstandard.a
>
> ===> src/modules/php4
> make[4]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
> make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/soft/apache_1.3.22/src'
> make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/soft/apache_1.3.22'
> make: *** [build] Error 2
>

>                     "Rabea Husseis"
>
>                     users@httpd.apache.org
>
>                     tmail.com>            cc :
>
>                                           Objet : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. :
Réf. :
> Re: compiling PHP
>                     10/06/2002
>
>                     20:14
>
>                     Veuillez
>
>                     répondre à
>
>                     users
>

> Hi...
>
> First Compile PHP with Apache support
> from PHP folder
>
> $./configure --with-apache=/Path-to-your-Apache-files
> $make
> $make install
>

> Then recompile Apache
> >From apache folder
> $./configure --prefix=/Your-path
> --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a
> $make
>
> Then copy "php.ini-dist" from php4.2.1 directory to
/usr/local/lib/php.ini

Re: compiling PHP

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.
Abdel,

  Can you capture the output from make in your php src directory to
a file and send it to us: i.e. make > make.out.

  I have attempted building this config twice from source without
error.  Each time, php properly installs its files into
apache_1.3.22/src/modules/php4 which tends to imply there is something
wrong either with the make itself, or the configuration, because make
install is not executing properly.