Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Poetz <re...@gmx.net> on 2002/07/10 14:21:36 UTC

[Summary] Profiling with Cocoon 2.1

Hi Michael,

I use Cocoon2.1dev (I checked it out last week). As it works successfully
for me I wrote a summary using my notes I was taking during activating
profiling - please try it. If you have problems please respond to
cocoon-docs@xml.apache.org too)

                       - o -

- make sure you use a current Cocoon 2.1 (CVS or nightly build)

- uncommented <profiler/> (cocoon.xconf)

- add the necessary pipeline *components* (sitemap.xmap)
  <map:pipelines default="caching">
	<map:pipeline name="caching"

src="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.CachingProcessingPipeline"/>
	<map:pipeline name="noncaching"

src="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.NonCachingProcessingPipeline
"/>
	<map:pipeline name="profile-caching"

src="org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.ProfilingCachingProcessingPipelin
e"/>
	<map:pipeline name="profile-noncaching"

src="org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.ProfilingNonCachingProcessingPipe
line"/>
  </map:pipelines>

  (the last two pipline-elements activate profiling)

- set the right type at the pipline you want to watch (sitemap.xmap)
  e.g. <map:pipeline type="profile-caching">

- add the profiler generator (sitemap.xmap)
  <map:generator name="profiler"
src="org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.ProfilerGenerator"/>

- sitemap.xmap (add a pipeline using the ProfilerGenerator)
  <map:match pattern="profiler">
	<map:generate type="profiler"/>
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
  </map:match>

- call
http://<your-servlet-container>:<your-port>/<path-to-profiler>/profiler

Regards,
Reinhard

Re: [Summary] Profiling with Cocoon 2.1

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I use Cocoon2.1dev (I checked it out last week). As it works successfully
> for me I wrote a summary using my notes I was taking during activating
> profiling - please try it.

Coool :-D

Thank you very much, these submissions are very appreciated indeed :-)
I didn't even know myself if it was still working well ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [Summary] Profiling with Cocoon 2.1

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.