Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Clough, Samuel (USPC.PRG.Atlanta)" <Sa...@princetonrg.com> on 2007/07/18 20:25:21 UTC

WSDL Generation problem using Aegis binding

Below is a snippet of the WSDL that's getting generated using Aegis
binding with the embedded server and causing errors.  We're doing Java
first development, no annotations or anything as these are all internal
appsl.  When the .NET client tried to connect we were getting a bizarre
error which I believe I have been able to track down using soapui.  At
the bottom of this message is a fragment of the wsdl generated.  I am
very green at wsdl, but the problem seems to be that for every complex
type being defined in the schema, before the complexType node there is
an "element" node by the same name.  SoapUI is what led me to this
conclusion because it rasies an error trying to pull in the wsdl that
the type is not defined at http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.  So, I
believe the "element" node that is preceding each complexType node is an
error.  The bizarre thing is that we have other classes generating wsdl
just fine and on those services there is not element node preceding each
complexType node of the same name.  Any clue what could be causing this
error?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><wsdl:definitions
xmlns:ns1="http://service.afp.prg.com/"
xmlns:ns2="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" name="AFPManagerService"
targetNamespace="http://service.afp.prg.com/">
  <wsdl:types>
attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified"
targetNamespace="http://service.afp.prg.com/">
<complexType name="ArrayOfString">
<sequence>
<element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="string"
nillable="true" type="string"/>
</sequence>
</complexType>
<element name="getDataWarnings" type="getDataWarnings"/>
<complexType name="getDataWarnings">
<sequence>
<element minOccurs="0" name="arg00" type="string"/>
<element name="arg11" type="long"/>
<element name="arg22" type="boolean"/>
</sequence>
</complexType>

<element name="getDataWarningsResponse" type="getDataWarningsResponse"/>
<complexType name="getDataWarningsResponse">
<sequence>
<element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="return"
type="ArrayOfString"/>
</sequence>
</complexType>
<element name="finishImport" type="finishImport"/>
<complexType name="finishImport">
<sequence>
<element name="arg00" type="long"/>
<element name="arg11" type="boolean"/>
</sequence>
</complexType>
<element name="finishImportResponse" type="finishImportResponse"/>
<complexType name="finishImportResponse">
<sequence>
<element name="return" type="long"/>

</sequence>
</complexType>
</schema>

Princeton Retirement Group, Inc - Important Terms
This E-mail is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any location where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation, or which would subject Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. or any affiliate to any registration requirement within such location.
This E-mail may contain privileged or confidential information or may otherwise be protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. Access, copying or re-use of information by non-intended or non-authorized recipients is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this E-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute any portion of this E-mail.
The transmission and content of this E-mail cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Therefore, we cannot represent that the information in this E-mail is complete, accurate, uncorrupted, timely or free of viruses, and Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. cannot accept any liability for E-mails that have been altered in the course of delivery. Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. reserves the right to monitor, review and retain all electronic communications, including E-mail, traveling through its networks and systems (subject to and in accordance with local laws). If any of your details are incorrect or if you no longer wish to receive mailings such as this by E-mail please contact the sender by reply E-mail.

Re: WSDL Generation problem using Aegis binding

Posted by omatzura <ol...@eviware.com>.
Hi Samuel,

Just to clarify the error: an element definition like this is fine, the
problem in this particular case is that the type for the element is not
namespace qualified, so it basically means that for the

<element name="getDataWarnings" type="getDataWarnings"/>

element, the type getDataWarnings is expected to be in the default namespace
(which is the xmlschema namespace, as the error message implies.. )

What's missing is a namespace-prefix declaration for the target namespace
and then that prefix on your elements' type.. ie

attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified"
targetNamespace="http://service.afp.prg.com/">

should be something like

attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified"
targetNamespace="http://service.afp.prg.com/"
xmlns:tns="http://service.afp.prg.com/">

and the element should then be

<element name="getDataWarnings" type="tns:getDataWarnings"/>

Don't know if this helps you resolve the error, but maybe at least
understand it in more detail..

kind regards, and thanks for using soapUI !

/Ole
eviware.com