Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2006/08/05 01:04:19 UTC

Legal hiccups for 10.2

I have posed Dan's question to legal-dicuss: Does the AS IS clause of
the Apache 2.0 license conflict with the "testing and evaluation
purposes only" clause of JDBC4's early-draft disclaimer. For more
context, see the discussion in the comments of DERBY-1639.

Geir Magnusson answered "yes", this is a conflict. The following options
occur to me:

1) Convince the JDBC4 expert group to accelerate the final draft of the
JDBC4 spec.

2) Ship 10.2 without JDBC4 support.

3) Other creative options?

Regards,
-Rick

Re: Legal hiccups for 10.2

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
The legal discussion of this topic continues down through this morning
on the "Derby and the JCP" thread at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200608.mbox/browser.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: Legal hiccups for 10.2

Posted by David Van Couvering <Da...@Sun.COM>.
I vote for "other creative options" although I couldn't say what they
are right now...

David