Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "fabrizio.spataro" <fa...@bizmate.it> on 2014/12/16 11:57:07 UTC

Testing REST Service

Hello,

i am using camel 2.14.1 (snapshot) to aim use newest camel rest component
(using REST DSL).

I am writing more rest services and i would test it using camel test java
class.

My main idea is write java class extends CamelTestSupport and use http camel
component to invoke my REST services.

Is it possible?

There is another best testing strategy?

Thanks

FabryProg

http://www.fabryprog.it

Re: Testing REST Service

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
And btw Camel 2.14.1 is now synced in Maven central, so if you use
maven you can upgrade.

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 11:57 AM, fabrizio.spataro
<fa...@bizmate.it> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am using camel 2.14.1 (snapshot) to aim use newest camel rest component
> (using REST DSL).
>
> I am writing more rest services and i would test it using camel test java
> class.
>
> My main idea is write java class extends CamelTestSupport and use http camel
> component to invoke my REST services.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> There is another best testing strategy?
>
> Thanks
>
> FabryProg
>
> http://www.fabryprog.it

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com
hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Re: Testing REST Service

Posted by "fabrizio.spataro" <fa...@bizmate.it>.
Sure... i can use any rest tool but my idea is create a set of regression
test to help me on the future.

ps. i am moving  to maven central. Thanks

Re: Testing REST Service

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yeah sure you can use any http client, or some of the http client that
are native to rest, such as camel-restlet.
You can also see the unit tests of the various rest-dsl how we test it
itself, eg in camel-jetty, camel-restlet, camel-rest-spark etc.

Also you do not need to use a Camel component to send a REST message,
in case you have found a favorite rest client you want to use.

<fa...@bizmate.it> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am using camel 2.14.1 (snapshot) to aim use newest camel rest component
> (using REST DSL).
>
> I am writing more rest services and i would test it using camel test java
> class.
>
> My main idea is write java class extends CamelTestSupport and use http camel
> component to invoke my REST services.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> There is another best testing strategy?
>
> Thanks