Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2022/03/30 18:53:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Please vote for release candidate 2 for Solr 9.0.0

The artifacts can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr/solr-9.0.0-RC2-rev-e7a6447013008a70a4f40fcfd793fe3e2dcf37c2

You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:

python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr/solr-9.0.0-RC2-rev-e7a6447013008a70a4f40fcfd793fe3e2dcf37c2

You are encouraged to do an extra thorough test and manual inspection beyond
running the smoketester, since this is a major release.

You can build a release-candidate of the official docker image using the following command:

DIST_BASE=https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr && \
  RC_FOLDER=solr-9.0.0-RC2-rev-e7a6447013008a70a4f40fcfd793fe3e2dcf37c2 && \
  docker build $DIST_BASE/$RC_FOLDER/solr/docker/Dockerfile.official \
  --build-arg SOLR_DOWNLOAD_URL=$DIST_BASE/$RC_FOLDER/solr/solr-9.0.0.tgz \
  -t solr-rc:9.0.0-2

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours i.e. until 2022-04-02 19:00 UTC.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1

SUCCESS! [0:53:16.741542]

Re: [VOTE][FAILED] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
This VOTE has failed due to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-16131 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-16131>

Will re-spin once that is resolved.

Appreciate if someone is able to test the other new modules in "real life" settings too, to see if we have other similar issues.
- HDFS, Hadoop-Auth, Scripting and JWT-Auth

Jan

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>.
Anshum and I are both seeing the smoke tester leak GPG agents, filed
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-16132 for it.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
+1, agree with Mark. Let's not rush.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Joel,

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
I found a minor glitch.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Anshum, can you provide details on your setup (OS, JVM) as well as the exact test failure log? From your earlier mail it looked like your install used a class from $HOME/.m2/ which is not in security manager allow-list. Wonder if it is the same happening this time?

Jan

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

SUCCESS! [1:26:27.731406]

I also spent some time working with artifacts, creating collections,

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.0.0 RC2

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
I've run into the same issue w/ failing tests (:solr:solrj:testAdminUI and
solr:modules:hdfs:) due to the security manager. Is anyone else also seeing
this?

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 11:53 AM Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> wrote:

> Please vote for release candidate 2 for Solr 9.0.0
>
> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr/solr-9.0.0-RC2-rev-e7a6447013008a70a4f40fcfd793fe3e2dcf37c2
>
> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>
> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr/solr-9.0.0-RC2-rev-e7a6447013008a70a4f40fcfd793fe3e2dcf37c2
>
> You are encouraged to do an extra thorough test and manual inspection
> beyond
> running the smoketester, since this is a major release.
>
> You can build a release-candidate of the official docker image using the
> following command:
>
> DIST_BASE=https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr && \
>   RC_FOLDER=solr-9.0.0-RC2-rev-e7a6447013008a70a4f40fcfd793fe3e2dcf37c2 &&
> \
>   docker build $DIST_BASE/$RC_FOLDER/solr/docker/Dockerfile.official \
>   --build-arg SOLR_DOWNLOAD_URL=$DIST_BASE/$RC_FOLDER/solr/solr-9.0.0.tgz \
>   -t solr-rc:9.0.0-2
>
> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours i.e. until 2022-04-02 19:00
> UTC.
>
> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)