Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Yuriy Babak <y....@gmail.com> on 2018/12/11 13:55:39 UTC

[ML][DISCUSSION] ML Package reorganization

Igniters,

I want to discuss package structure for ML module. Actually I don't like
our current package organization. The main problem is that we have lots of
different packages under root package.

For examples algorithm related packages on same level like some utility
infrastructure packages such as environment(package with some classes
related with training environment).

So I created branch [1] with example of new package structure. Please share
any feedback about this package structure and about this idea itself.

Regards,
Yuriy.

[1] -
https://github.com/YuriBabak/ignite/tree/ignite-10641/modules/ml/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/ml

Re: [ML][DISCUSSION] ML Package reorganization

Posted by Alexey Zinoviev <za...@gmail.com>.
Also, I've put my 5 cents about approach of moving files. Please do it with
patience to avoid erasion of git history.

The ugly future: @ybabak is author of all ml files and we couldnt find real
author of class.

The well future: moving files without +- many rows

ср, 12 дек. 2018 г., 15:10 Dmitriy Pavlov dpavlov@apache.org:

Posted by Alexey Zinoviev <za...@gmail.com>.
Support idea with postpone!

Posted by Yuriy Babak <y....@gmail.com>.
Dmitry,

Posted by Alexey Zinoviev <za...@gmail.com>.
I agree, that we should worry about users, but according User List we dont
have significant number of ml users. I think that next 1-2 releases we
could make changes in api and package structure

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi Yuri,

Posted by aplatonov <ap...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I totally agree with you. But I think we should move "composition"
package to "algorithm"  because of classes of "composition" are
meta-algothms. Class ModelComposition with "aggregator"-package can be moved
to "model". Also, we should refactor Dataset-classes. There are two
different Dataset.java files at least.

Re: [ML][DISCUSSION] ML Package reorganization