Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/27 16:45:18 UTC

Documentation discussions

There have been several documentation discussions on our lists, and we
are not the only open source project that has this problem. The most
criticized project Maven is undergoing a sort of user-rebellion [1]
and all sorts of ideas are sprouting [2].

Now I don't say we should adopt maven's documentation :-), but it is
good to follow their discussions and the proposals that arise, and see
if we can adopt the good ones. I hope that some of us have the time to
read and absorb what they are thinking and discussing.

FYI: ironically they looked at Wicket and used our front page as a good example.

I just wanted to notify of the discussions there, and don't want to
instigate any revolt over here.

Martijn

[1] http://www.nabble.com/Why-Maven-is-Hard--tf4507688s177.html
[2] http://www.nabble.com/Improving-Maven-Site-Docs-%28was-maven-is-hard%29-tf4525263s177.html