Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Neil Chaudhuri <nc...@potomacfusion.com> on 2009/10/22 23:09:14 UTC

Maven JavaScript Plugin

A colleague at work expressed an interest in doing a lot of Maven-like things in the JavaScript realm. I did some research and discovered the Maven JavaScript plugin. It looks neat, but it is an alpha version and seems to have little activity.

I was simply hoping to find some comments from those who have investigated or used the Maven JavaScript plugin. Does it work? Strengths and weaknesses? Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Maven JavaScript Plugin

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On 22 Okt 2009, Neil Chaudhuri wrote:

> A colleague at work expressed an interest in doing a lot of Maven-like things in the JavaScript realm. I did some research and discovered the Maven JavaScript plugin. It looks neat, but it is an alpha version and seems to have little activity.
>
> I was simply hoping to find some comments from those who have investigated or used the Maven JavaScript plugin. Does it work? Strengths and weaknesses? Any insight is appreciated.

There was a similar thread recently on this list:
http://www.nabble.com/Javascript-support-to25543137.html#a25543137

hth,
- martin

Re: Maven JavaScript Plugin

Posted by David Meunier <da...@si4g.fr>.
Perhaps you may be interested by this : http://www.si4g.fr/open4g/

Best Regards,
David Meunier.

Re: Maven JavaScript Plugin

Posted by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>.

Re: Maven JavaScript Plugin

Posted by Josh Suereth <jo...@gmail.com>.
We're using it at my workplace.  We have our own "released' version just to
stop the plugin update check from happening so frequently.

I think the plugin is strong for creating javascript artifacts and keeping
them separate.  If you pair it with the jetty-maven-plugin, you can get away
with a pure-javascript-development environment pretty easily.  We do not use
the jsunit integration, and I would recommend only reserving that for
integration testing, as the bootstrap to start a browser can be slow.

The minification/combination of artifacts is great.  We're using maven to
manage 4 different JS libraries and combine them all in our final product.

Hope that helps!
- Josh