Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2002/02/22 03:37:24 UTC

[VOTE] New committers: Jean-Frederic Clere and Patrick Luby

Hi,

I'd like to propose Jean-Frederic as a committer in the commons.
Jean-Frederic has been contributing a lot of code in the TC world, and plans
to continue contributing (as he was doing before) code to the new 'daemon'
component.

I'd also like to propose Patrick Luby as a committer. He'll also be
contributing to the 'daemon' component. He has good Unix knowledge, which
will come in handy for this project. His past activities in the open-source
world include bootstraping OpenOffice port to MacOS X, as well as
contributions to Tomcat.

+1 for both of them.

Remy

Re: [VOTE] New committers: Jean-Frederic Clere and Patrick Luby

Posted by co...@covalent.net.
On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Morgan Delagrange wrote:

> Maybe I'm not understanding correctly, but it sounds like your contributions
> to the Daemon component are still pending.  If so, I'd prefer to defer my
> vote until you've contributed some work as patches for a while, as is
> customary in Jakarta.  But your contributions to Tomcat are hearsay to me,
> since I don't follow those lists; if others can confirm your activity
> elsewhere in Jakarta and think it warrants committer status here, then I
> don't object.

Both JFC and Patrick are long-time Tomcat (and Apache) commiters,
with plenty of contributions to warrant a commiter status here.

I don't think we should require a vote for a jakarta  commiter to join
commons - a simple statement from him saying he wants to join
commons should be enough, regardless of the project(s) he participate
in mainly. We want to encourage jakarta projects and commiters
to participate in the commons and share the work and reuse the
code, we'll not get that if jakarta commiters feel they
need a vote to contribute.

But Deamon is not even in commons yet - it's just a sandbox
component, I thought the sandbox is open to all jakarta
anyway, and the vote was more of a courtesy and announcement.

Costin

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
+1 to both

- robert

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
+1 to both.

Posted by dIon Gillard <di...@multitask.com.au>.

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'd like to propose Jean-Frederic as a committer in the commons.
>>Jean-Frederic has been contributing a lot of code in the TC world, and plans
>>to continue contributing (as he was doing before) code to the new 'daemon'
>>component.
>>
>>I'd also like to propose Patrick Luby as a committer. He'll also be
>>contributing to the 'daemon' component. He has good Unix knowledge, which
>>will come in handy for this project. His past activities in the open-source
>>world include bootstraping OpenOffice port to MacOS X, as well as
>>contributions to Tomcat.
>>
>>+1 for both of them.

+1, +1

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
http://www.multitask.com.au/developers

Re: [VOTE] New committers: Jean-Frederic Clere and Patrick Luby

Posted by co...@covalent.net.
On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose Jean-Frederic as a committer in the commons.
> Jean-Frederic has been contributing a lot of code in the TC world, and plans
> to continue contributing (as he was doing before) code to the new 'daemon'
> component.
>
> I'd also like to propose Patrick Luby as a committer. He'll also be
> contributing to the 'daemon' component. He has good Unix knowledge, which
> will come in handy for this project. His past activities in the open-source
> world include bootstraping OpenOffice port to MacOS X, as well as
> contributions to Tomcat.
>
> +1 for both of them.

+2 for both ( or +1 for each )
( I would add JFC's contributions to APR, on the other side of Apache :-).

Costin