Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by James Higginbotham <jh...@betweenmarkets.com> on 2003/05/09 21:32:35 UTC

Help with WebdavResource.propfindMethod()

I'm hoping someone can give me a quick snippet to show how to process
the returned Enumeration from a propfindMethod() using the Webdav client
API. The javadoc isn't clear on how to process the results using the
API. I am using the findPropMethod( 0 ) on a collection and want to get
the list of property names and values from the result.

Thanks,
James

Re: Help with WebdavResource.propfindMethod()

Posted by Martin Dulisch <md...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi James,

there are different results returned by the propfingMethod.
Depending which signature of the method you use. The enumeration
can contain ResponseEntity objects or Property objects.

Have a look at the source of WebDavResource.

Martin

Posted by Kevin Moran <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi James,
    You might want to have a look at the source for
the Webdav command-line utility.  Specifically, take a
look at propfindall() in org.apache.webdav.cmd.Client.
 I think it will show you how to handle the
Enumeration.

HTH,
-kevin

--- James Higginbotham

Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.
Hi James,

I'm not sure whether this works properly, as this test code
snippet is almost a year old and I didn't use it in production.

Enumeration responses = webdavResource.propfindMethod(path,
DepthSupport.DEPTH_0);

ResponseEntity response = (ResponseEntity) responses.nextElement();
Enumeration properties = response.getProperties();
while (properties.hasMoreElements())
{
	org.apache.webdav.lib.Property property =
(Property)properties.nextElement();
	property.getName()
	property.getPropertyAsString()
}//while

See org.apache.webdav.lib.PropertyName for properties with a
different namespace than DAV.

Regards.

Andreas