Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2008/03/16 20:28:41 UTC

Welcome Jeff Eastman as Mahout Committer

It is my pleasure to welcome Jeff Eastman as a committer to the Mahout
project on behalf of the Lucene PMC.  Jeff has already made a number
of nice contributions to the Mahout code base and has shown a penchant
for working well in the Mahout community.

Congratulations, Jeff and welcome aboard!

-Grant

Re: Welcome Jeff Eastman as Mahout Committer

Posted by Isabel Drost <ap...@isabel-drost.de>.
On Sunday 16 March 2008, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> It is my pleasure to welcome Jeff Eastman as a committer to the Mahout
> project on behalf of the Lucene PMC.

A warm welcome from me as well :)

Isabel

--
"Inquiry is fatal to certainty."		-- Will Durant
  |\      _,,,---,,_       Web:   <http://www.isabel-drost.de>
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xm...@spaceboyz.net>

Re: Welcome Jeff Eastman as Mahout Committer

Posted by Isabel Drost <ap...@isabel-drost.de>.
On Monday 17 March 2008, Jeff Eastman wrote:
> Thanks to you and the others for such a warm welcome. Unlike most of you I
> have been doing this full-time for the last few weeks.

I think it is really great to have someone on board so early who can work
full-time on the project. Gave us quite a quick start in terms of code
produced. Thanks.

Isabel

--
QOTD:	If it's too loud, you're too old.
  |\      _,,,---,,_       Web:   <http://www.isabel-drost.de>
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xm...@spaceboyz.net>

RE: Welcome Jeff Eastman as Mahout Committer

Posted by "Goel, Ankur" <An...@corp.aol.com>.
Welcome aboard Jeff! Hope to see more stuff coming from you.
I too plan to start on this full time sooner then later (in a weeks
time)
and get more engaged into discussions.

-Ankur

Posted by Jeff Eastman <je...@windwardsolutions.com>.