Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2001/08/13 16:16:30 UTC

new feature : global VM library autoreload

Jon was complaining last night that he had to reload his global VM
libraries, so I added the following feature...

There is a new property, meant to be used in *development*, not
production :

  velocimacro.library.autoreload

which defaults to false.

When set to true **ALONG WITH**

  <type>.resource.loader.cache = false

then the Velocity engine will automatically pick up changes to your
library files when you make them, so you do not have to dump the servlet
engine (or application) or do other tricks (like have a separate reload
for the vms...)

Give it a whirl - it seems reasonably solid and smart (ex it will only
reload a VM library once per modifiction, even if it has multiple VMs
that are used in different places...)

If people like it, I will document it.  If not, we'll fix or remove.

Don't keep this on in production :)

geir

System and Software Consulting
Well done is better than well said - New England Proverb