Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by "Grey.Lee" <Le...@SunTrust.com> on 2004/04/17 00:11:42 UTC

Status of download and confusion with tutorial

Hi.  I am just get started with Torque, and I'm wondering what the
status is.  The latest update is 9/1/03?

The thing I'm finding puzzling is, given how long since a new release,
why don't the docs match the download?  The tutorial refers to
build-torque.xml, but I don't even have that file in the download.  I
can't figure out what's wrong with my build process.  I am able to
successfully build the generate-props target, but that doesn't generate
any files.  I'm not sure what to do next, since I don't have
build-torque.xml, and the tutorial seems to think that I should.

I'm sure this is a simple case of newbie-it is, but I'm not sure why
everyone hasn't seen the same problem I have.  Is everyone else using
Turbine, and I'm the only one trying simply to use Torque as a
standalone piece?

Thanks,

Lee Grey

SunTrust Banks, Inc.
The information transmitted is intended solely
for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or taking action
in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you have received this email in
error please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.

Re: Status of download and confusion with tutorial

Posted by T E Schmitz <ma...@numerixtechnology.de>.

Hello Lee,

Grey.Lee wrote:
> The thing I'm finding puzzling is, given how long since a new release,
> why don't the docs match the download?  The tutorial refers to
> build-torque.xml, but I don't even have that file in the download.  I

Did you download both torque-gen-3.1.zip and torque-3.1.zip? The former
is the code + sql generator, the latter the runtime. torque-gen-3.1.zip
contains a build-torque.xml.

The documentation and the code are slightly out of sync (some of the API
has changed, too), but, hey, it's free software and it works a treat!

> I'm sure this is a simple case of newbie-it is, but I'm not sure why
> everyone hasn't seen the same problem I have.  Is everyone else using
> Turbine, and I'm the only one trying simply to use Torque as a
> standalone piece?

I am using it as a standalone piece, too; I am totally new to Java but
got Torque set up and integrated into my build process in a couple of
days. Good luck.

Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz