Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org> on 2012/11/09 14:05:28 UTC

How to configure in eclipse?

Hi,

I'm wondering, what's wrong with the configuration in eclipse.

1) If I extract the source with Git directly from Eclipse, I can
create patchs, but the project is not configured correctly.
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#git

2) If I extract the source from Git on the shell and configure with
Maven, project is well configured, I can run the tests, do everything,
but Git is not configured and I can't create patchs :(

Is there a way to have both the .project working fine and the Git
configured too?

I followed the steps on the book, which are (from the shell):
git clone git://git.apache.org/hbase.git
mvn clean install -DskipTests
mvn eclipse:eclipse

Then import the existing project into eclipse.This give me the option 2.

For option 1 I'm using "Projects from Git" option.

What's wrong with my configuration? What should I do to have both the
.project configured correctly and the project linked to Git to have
him doing the patchs?

I have just done a TimestampBasedRowMover mapreduce that I would like
to propose ;)

JM

Re: How to configure in eclipse?

Posted by "Mesika, Asaf" <as...@gmail.com>.
I got stuck on missing Maven dependencies.
All our dependencies downloads goes through corporate gateway (Nexus).

I'm not sure it's ok to request to add to follow personal test repo to Nexus:
    <repository>
      <id>ghelmling.testing</id>
      <name>Gary Helmling test repo</name>
      <url>http://people.apache.org/~garyh/mvn/</url>