Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dr. Michael Stehmann" <in...@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de> on 2019/09/17 07:54:37 UTC

FOSDEM 2020

Hello,

we are planning to join next FOSDEM like we did in the past. To get a
booth (stand) we have to write a request. The deadline for this request
will come soon.

Among other things we have to answer two questions. With help from Peter
I sketched a text for this purpose.

Feel free to criticize this draft:

"""
Description of project(s) for publication:

Apache OpenOffice is the Free and Open Productivity Suite to handle
office tasks. The roots of Apache OpenOffice go back more than twenty
years, creating a mature and powerful product.

The software looks and feels familiar and is instantly usable by anyone
who has used a competitive product. It has many millions of users and
still millions of downloads each year.

Apache OpenOffice is supported by a global community of friendly
volunteers, happy to provide assistance to newcomers and advanced users
alike.

Why does it fit FOSDEM?

Apache OpenOffice is one of most popular Free Software products as in
europe and worldwide and has a long history of project development. With
only a few volunteers left, we struggle to satisfy the needs and wishes
of our users. FOSDEM is one of the best occasions to meet new developers
and to interest them in our project. We will use the stand to present
the needs we have. This ranges from web design and programming over
application and extension development, towards documentation,
translation and community management in popular media.
"""

I am no native speaker, so please improve my poor english.

Kind regards
Michael