Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Joerg Hohwiller <jo...@j-hohwiller.de> on 2007/01/08 21:37:49 UTC

publishing lucene 2.0.0 contribs to ibiblio?

Hi there,

I am using lucene 2.0.0 in an open-source project:
http://m-m-m.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/mmm-search/

It is still work in progress but it has nice features such as a fault tolerant
query parser and a nice plugable parser collection for various fileformats.

For the presentation I use lucene-highlighting.
But somehow the contribs seem not to be available in the maven repository:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/lucene/

I can only find lucene-core.

Could someone upload lucene-highlighter-2.0.0.jar as well?
I attached a suiteable POM for you if you like to.

Thanks
  Jörg

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>org.apache.lucene</groupId>
  <artifactId>lucene-highlighter</artifactId>
  <name>Lucene Highlighter</name>
  <version>2.0.0</version>
  <description>This is the highlighter for apache lucene java</description>
  <url>http://lucene.apache.org</url>
  <licenses>
    <license>
      <name>The Apache Software License, Version 2.0</name>
      <url>http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt</url>
      <distribution>repo</distribution>
      <comments></comments>
    </license>
  </licenses>
  <organization>
    <name>Apache Software Foundation</name>
    <url>http://www.apache.org</url>
  </organization>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.lucene</groupId>
      <artifactId>lucene-core</artifactId>
      <version>2.0.0</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

Re: publishing lucene 2.0.0 contribs to ibiblio?

Posted by Joerg Hohwiller <jo...@j-hohwiller.de>.
Hi Erik,
> Anyone gonna tackle this?
>
> I personally have never used Maven or the POM stuff, and have never
> published our releases to the repository.  Could this step be automated
> somehow?  Volunteers?
If you add appropriate pom.xml files to lucene (one for lucene-core and one for
each contrib, potentially one parent pom for the complete project)
you can build the bundle to upload automatically with maven.
This will have a lot more advantages over an ant based build.

I can not tell how to automate the complete process including the upload.
I am NOT an apache member, but as far as I know the files have to go
here (correct me if someone knows it better):
minotaur.apache.org:/x1/www/www.apache.org/dist/maven-repository/

If you need any help with the mavenizing of the lucene project,
just ask me :)

>     Erik
Regards
  Jörg

Posted by Joerg Hohwiller <jo...@j-hohwiller.de>.
Hi Erik, Hi everybody,

> Anyone gonna tackle this?
>
> I personally have never used Maven or the POM stuff, and have never
> published our releases to the repository.  Could this step be automated
> somehow?  Volunteers?
Should not be that hard to put 2 files somewhere
(org/apache/lucene/lucene-highlighter/2.0.0):
lucene-highlighter-2.0.0.jar (you should have the content of this one)
lucene-highlighter-2.0.0.pom (I posted the suggested content to the list - se below)

Staging goes via:
minotaur.apache.org:/x1/www/www.apache.org/dist/maven-repository/

Someone must have done this for the lucene-core. Couldn't you be so nice and
just do it for the highlighter as well?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Anyone gonna tackle this?