Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Loehr, Ruel" <rl...@pointserve.com> on 2007/04/26 16:42:28 UTC

using cvstagdiff with a branch

I'm using cruisecontrol as my nightly build system and have recently
setup some branch build.  I use the cvstagdiff to gather a list of
changes.    However, I am currently getting changes from both the head
and the branch.

The attributes form the manual are:

startTag  - The earliest tag from which diffs are to be included in the
report. exactly one of the two.

startDate - The earliest date from which diffs are to be included in the
report.  accepts all formats accepted by the cvs command for -D
date_spec arguments

endTag  - The latest tag from which diffs are to be included in the
report. exactly one of the two.

endDate - The latest date from which diffs are to be included in the
report.accepts all formats accepted by the cvs command for -D date_spec
arguments

I feel like the combo I really need is:

1)  startDate

2)  endDate

3)  and branch (which would be an optional attribute)

Has anyone ever used this with a branch?    Does the optional branch
attribute sound appealing?  It's something that I could patch......

Ruel Loehr

Configuration Management

Pointserve, Inc.

110 Wild Basin Road