Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Antonio Parolini <An...@hcuge.ch> on 2007/08/07 12:01:40 UTC

Bug in archiva with non-standard artifact name (ganymed-ssh2)

Hello,

I setted up archiva as a central repository proxy and it works fine but for
non-standard artifacts, like ganymed (ssh).  ganymed is a dependency of the
latest maven-release-plugin and is simply ignored by archiva when requested:

  Path to dependency:
  	1) org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0-beta-6
  	2) org.apache.maven.release:maven-release-manager:jar:1.0-alpha-3
  	3) org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-provider-cvsjava:jar:1.0
  	4) ch.ethz.ganymed:ganymed-ssh2:jar:build210

When I call the archiva jar url, it say "Not found" and nothing shows up in
the archiva's logs.

My url:
http://znjupiter:8080/archiva/repository/internal/ch/ethz/ganymed/ganymed-ssh2/build210/ganymed-ssh2-build210.jar

If confirmed, i think this is a serious bug ( it prevent us to release,
unless we copy this artifact by hand into archiva) and it would be nice that
it can be resolved before 1.0-beta-1.

Bests,

Antonio

Re: Bug in archiva with non-standard artifact name (ganymed-ssh2)

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
This is a known issue with Archiva at the moment.
See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-432

It is important, and will be fixed prior to an Archiva 1.0 final release.

- Joakim

--
- Joakim Erdfelt
  joakim@erdfelt.com