Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/11/20 08:36:44 UTC

Java Applets

Hi,

While reviewing http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1811438 I stumbled upon the usage of Java Applets

It's still possible to use Java Applets in browsers but it's most of the time it's not OOTB
https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-enable-java-all-major-web-browsers

And Java 9 deprecates it https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/jdk9_plugin.xml

Should  we continue to support Java Applets?

Jacques

Re: Java Applets

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Guys,

Done at revision: 1818646  for OFBIZ-10094

Jacques

Re: Java Applets

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.

Re: Java Applets

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
I'm in favor of removing any Java Applets. It was an idea born dead.

With that being said, there is very little code in the code base for
applets. On a quick grep I only saw these files (one or few lines in
each). Probably not used by anyone.
- applications/datamodel/data/seed/ContentSeedData.xml
- applications/party/webapp/partymgr/WEB-INF/controller.xml
- applications/party/template/visit/VisitDetail.ftl
- applications/content/data/ContentSecurityGroupDemoData.xml
- framework/security/config/SecurityEntityLabels.xml
- framework/common/src/main/java/org/apache/ofbiz/common/CommonEvents.java
- plugins/ldap/src/main/java/org/apache/ofbiz/ldap/LdapLoginWorker.java