Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2020/07/14 11:33:09 UTC

Release CXF 3.4.0

Hi all,

We currently have no open issues for CXF 3.4.0:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12344852

I think it's time to get this release out. Is there anything else anyone
wants to see in the release? One PR I'd like to see make it is Andrei's PR
to mask sensitive logging elements:

https://github.com/apache/cxf/pull/681

Colm.

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <ma...@dekies.de>.
Hi,

what about SAAJ 1.5? https://github.com/apache/cxf/pull/672

Best,
Dennis

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Got it, thanks!

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Andriy,

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Colm,

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
As normal, doing the first release build on a new branch hits a few snags….     release:prepare failed, javadoc issues, etc….

Anyway, I THINK I have everything worked out now, but it’s too late today.  Thus, I’ll do the builds tomorrow.    Please keep testing and such!

Thanks!
Dan

Talend - http://talend.com <http://coders.talend.com/>

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Posted by David Karlsen <da...@gmail.com>.
Would it make sense to deprecate and finally remove the CORBA based stuff?
It's very much legacy.

David J. M. Karlsen - http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidkarlsen

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dennis,

I also have troubles reproducing this compilation failure. However, I've noticed that
our samples are buildable only under JDK8. This is fixed now and all samples could be
properly build using JDK8 up to JDK16-ea. May be we should introduce Jenkins job for
samples? WDYT?

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Posted by Alexey Markevich <bu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dennis,

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Made some changes, thanks Dennis.

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <ma...@dekies.de>.

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <de...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0

Posted by Andrey Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dennis,

Haven't check your branch yet but if there is no changes (or changes are
compatible with 2.2.x) besides dependencies we should be good to go with
2.3.x. The CXF 3.5.0 would use 2.4.x release line in this case (due in
October). Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

Re: Release CXF 3.4.0