Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Al...@sony.com on 2021/05/20 07:27:15 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache NuttX (Incubating) 10.1.0 [RC1]

Hello all,

This is a call for a vote to release Apache NuttX (Incubating) version 10.1.0.

The Apache NuttX community has voted on and approved a proposal to
release Apache NuttX (Incubating) version 10.1.0.
We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.
NuttX is a real-time operating system (RTOS) with an emphasis on
standards compliance and small footprint. Scalable from 8-bit to 64-bit
microcontroller environments, the primary governing standards in NuttX
are Posix and ANSI standards. Additional standard APIs from Unix and
other common RTOS's (such as VxWorks) are adopted for functionality not
available under these standards, or for functionality that is not
appropriate for deeply- embedded environments (such as fork()).
Because this project targets embedded systems there is more complexity
involved in the build process.

Apache NuttX community vote and result thread:
Result:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r497704eea8d24bfb68a309369319ec1955d69b6cfec66480e7b0638d%40%3Cdev.nuttx.apache.org%3E

Vote:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ra60b4173945cfd2a33924cc8d707863039c1764a7ea8e47a1d8502a0%40%3Cdev.nuttx.apache.org%3E

SCM Information:
Release tag: nuttx-10.1.0-RC1
Hash for the release incubating-nuttx tag:
3130ff691e386934eb276587a24d1efacf3bb30b
Hash for the release incubating-nuttx-apps tag:
4348d91d1356335483089c3865282d80f13bedcd

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/nuttx/10.1.0-RC1/
[2] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/nuttx-10.1.0-RC1/ReleaseNotes
[3] https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#approving-a-release
[4] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTTX/Validating+a+staged+Release

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Alin Jerpelea

Apache NuttX

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NuttX (Incubating) 10.1.0 [RC1]

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I would like to thank the Incubator community for adding me to the
IPMC and am proud to cast my first (binding) vote in the IPMC for the
latest NuttX release:

+1 (binding) to release Apache NuttX (Incubating) 10.1.0

I checked:
* Signatures
* SHA-512 sums
* Incubating in artifact names
* LICENSE, NOTICE, README.md, DISCLAIMER-WIP present in both tarballs
* Build and run b-g474e-dpow1:nsh configuration successfully
* ReleaseNotes

Notes and observations:
* In "apps" repository, apps/wireless/wapi contains a separate LICENSE
  file. This is fixed in PR-704 [1] and the fix will be in the next
  release.

Thanks to everyone for making this release possible!

Cheers,
Nathan

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx-apps/pull/704

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Bring my +1 from the previous thread.

+1(binding)

Checked sigs and sums: Matched
Checked NOTICE and DISCLAIMER-WIP: In place
Built from src: Succeeded with the docker image
docker.pkg.github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/apache-nuttx-ci-linux:latest
and target sim:nsh on x64
Ran basic cmds: cd, hello, echo all worked fine, poweroff could shutdown
the board successfully
Rat-check: Showed huge improvements. For the NuttX main repo, now we have
10383 files under Apache License while 3423 files under other license(most
of them are under BSD I believe, which is compatible with Apache License).

Thanks for your great work on cleaning the license issues.

<Al...@sony.com> 于2021年5月20日周四 下午3:27写道:

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Duo Zhang and John for your votes.  We still need one more
before we can release.

> If it's the second case, then I agree we should fix it.

I think it's rather the first option.  As you described, we distribute
two different repositories and when extracted the LICENSE files are
found inside their respective folders.

NuttX Archive Structure (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NuttX (Incubating) 10.1.0 [RC1])

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Apologies for not responding earlier.

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 7:36 PM Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 9:42 PM John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > +1 binding from me, with a couple of notes:
> >
> > - it could be how I'm extracting your source tars, but the packages are
> > ending up in a directory child to it.  We typically look for the
> > LICENSE/NOTICE/DISCLAIMER in the root folder.
>

> Do you mean that you get:
>
> nuttx/LICENSE
>
> or
>
> <some_other_dir>/nuttx/LICENSE
>
> If it's the first case, I think that's usually desirable because otherwise
> the users may untar expecting to get one folder with all the contents in
> it, but end up getting a bunch of directories and files instead. When that
> happens in a directory containing many other files, it creates a big mess.
> Also as NuttX needs nuttx/ and apps/ to be sibling directories, it might be
> confusing if there's no enclosing directory. (The apps/ distribution
> provided by our project is optional and the user may substitute their own.)
>
> If it's the second case, then I agree we should fix it.
>
> What incantation are you using to extract the contents?

It's basically the second part of what you're describing.  Understand also
that you're providing *source* releases, not *binary* releases.  There may
be additional compile/build steps required to make the code work,
regardless of language/tools used.

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Hi