Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by William Gilbert <gi...@informagen.com> on 2005/08/17 15:33:31 UTC

Creating a checked box

Long time FOP user here...  First off, "Many Thanks to The FOP
Team".  You guys have made me look like a miracle worker time and
time again!

My question --

Am using FOP to simulate a filled out paper form as my client starts
the long move toward a paperless system.  The form has some
checkboxes and I would like to create the look a "checked box".

I can use the ZapfDingbats font family characters &#x274F; and
&#x2714; to create the box or the check-mark.  But would like to
overstrike the various boxes with a check-mark as driven by the data
xml.

I can live with a check-mark without the underlying box, but this
would be really cool if I could pull the checked box off.

Really don't want to use an external graphic of a checked box.  I
want this XSL to be as self contained as possible.

William A. Gilbert, Ph.D.
CSO & VP Bioinformatics
Informagen, Inc.
A Biotechnology Information Resource