Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by eShard <zi...@yahoo.com> on 2014/09/25 21:06:13 UTC

Why does the q parameter change?

Good afternoon all,
I just implemented a phrase search and the parsed query gets changed from
rapid prototyping to rapid prototype.
I used the solr analyzer and prototyping was unchanged so I think I ruled
out a tokenizer.
So can anyone tell me what's going on?
Here's the query:
q=rapid prototyping&defType=edismax&qf=text&pf2=text^40&ps=0

here's the debugger:
as you can see; prototyping gets changed to just prototype. What's causing
this and how do I turn it off?
Thanks,

<lst name="debug">
<lst name="queryBoosting">
<str name="q">rapid prototyping</str>
<null name="match"/></lst>
<str name="rawquerystring">rapid prototyping</str><str
name="querystring">rapid prototyping</str>
<str name="parsedquery">(+((DisjunctionMaxQuery((text:rapid))
DisjunctionMaxQuery((text:prototype)))~2) DisjunctionMaxQuery((text:"rapid
prototype"^40.0)))/no_coord</str>
<str name="parsedquery_toString">+(((text:rapid) (text:prototype))~2)
(text:"rapid prototype"^40.0)</str>
<str name="QParser">ExtendedDismaxQParser</str>

Re: Why does the q parameter change?

Posted by eShard <zi...@yahoo.com>.
No, apparently it's the KStemFilter.
should I turn this off at query time?
I'll put this in another question...

Re: Why does the q parameter change?

Posted by eShard <zi...@yahoo.com>.
Ok, I think I'm on to something.
I omitted this parameter which means it is set to false by default on my
text field.
I need to set it to true and see what happens...
autoGeneratePhraseQueries="true"
If I'm reading the wiki right, this parameter if true will preserve phrase
queries...