Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ravi <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/18 04:34:50 UTC

Re: Can I use hadoop inside hbase?

I installed hbase as described here:
http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/current/cygwin.html

I am only using it for development purposes only, hence no concerns
about performance etc. I can bet millions of people would love an easier
windows install for development/experimentation purposes.

So back to my original question, how can I use hadoop inside hbase?

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Ravi,

> So back to my original question, how can I use hadoop inside hbase?

Hadoop and HBase are separate software. I could try to explain this
to you in detail but perhaps the answer would just be confusing. It is
as simple as this: If you want to use Hadoop, then you must install
Hadoop.