Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ke...@uktransco.com on 2001/02/20 16:40:06 UTC

Escaped '/' (%2F) causes path_info to fail.

I have posted this problem before, but I have managed to narrow it
down a lot:

when I have a %2F (escaped slash) in my path_info apache returns a
404 File Not Found error, any other escaped characters seem to be
alright

I have no idea whether this is a problem with apache, modperl or
mason. Can anyone reproduce or explain this behaviour.

I am using apache 1.3.17, modperl 1.25 on HPUX 10.20.

Please can anyone help me with this, it is causing real problems.

Kees Vonk

The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of
Transco plc, and the company, its directors, officers or employees
make no representation or accept any liability for its accuracy or
completeness unless expressly stated to the contrary.

This e-mail, and any attachments are strictly confidential and
intended for the addressee(s) only. The content may also contain
legal, professional or other privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, could you please notify the sender
immediately and then delete the e-mail and any attachments, you
should not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this
transmission.  Unless expressly stated to the contrary, no contracts
may be concluded on behalf of Transco plc by means of e-mail
communication.

You may report the matter by calling us on  +44 (0)1455 230999.

You should not copy, forward or otherwise disclose the contents of
this e-mail or any of its attachments without express consent.

Please ensure you have adequate virus protection before you open or
detach any documents from this transmission.  Transco plc does not
accept any liability for viruses.

Transco plc is part of Lattice Group
Transco plc is registered in England: Company number: 2006000
Registered Office: 130 Jermyn Street, London, SW1Y 4UR
http://www.transco.uk.com