Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Ron Cecchini <ro...@comcast.net> on 2018/08/20 19:30:49 UTC

How to disable a servlet?

Hi there.

I am trying to run 2 Spring Boot / Camel applications at the same time, and the 2nd app complains about port 8080 already being in use.

However, the 2nd app doesn't even need to expose any endpoints; it's just reading messages off a RabbitMQ bus that the first app is producing.  So I tried getting the 2nd app to *not* start up a 'servlet' -- and that's where I've run into trouble.  I'm not explicitly doing anything with endpoints in this 2nd app or configuring a servlet.  It just has one simple route to read from a bus and transform the message.

I tried getting rid of the servlet dependency in the POM (it was copy and pasted there), thinking that maybe the servlet is auto-started if the dependency is there -- but that didn't do it.

After much digging, I eventually discovered that I can set 'server.port' to something other than 8080 -- and that worked, in the sense that I can now start up the 2 apps and write/read to/from the bus.

But for my own education, I would *still * like to know how I can disable that 2nd servlet, esp. since it's not needed.

Thank you very much.

Ron

Re: How to disable a servlet?

Posted by Ron Cecchini <ro...@comcast.net>.
Thanks, Claus.  Worked perfectly.

(sent off list because I didn't want to add more noise to the list.)

Re: How to disable a servlet?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--