Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Reinhard Nägele <re...@mgm-tp.com> on 2011/07/15 11:28:59 UTC

Dependency Plugin behavior changed to copy timestamped snapshot jars

Hi all,

We use the dependency plugin's goal "copy-dependencies" in several
projects. For snapshot dependencies, it would copy unique snapshot jars
until version 2.1. Since version 2.2, the behavior has changed in that
now timestamped snapshots are copied.

I could not find this change anywhere in the release notes. In fact, it
is not documented at all, what the correct behavior is supposed to be.
Is anyone aware of this change? Has it happened on purpose or by
accident? Anyway, I'd really like to get the old behavior back. I think
this should be configurable.

Any opinions or insights?

Thanks,
Reinhard

Re: Dependency Plugin behavior changed to copy timestamped snapshot jars

Posted by Reinhard Nägele <re...@mgm-tp.com>.
I can switch back and forth between versions 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3. With 2.1
I don't get timestamped snapshots, with 2.2 and 2.3 I do get timestamped
snapshots for artifacts that don't come from the reactor. The snapshots
were deployed with Maven 3 to our Nexus server. I think, the fact that
you get timestamped snapshops depending on whether the artifacts come
from the reactor or the local repo is something a user wouldn't expect.

I don't think switching to the copy goal is an option. The copy goal
copies explicitly specified artifacts, whereas I want all dependencies
to be copied. Or am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Reinhard

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.