Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Nathan Wells <nw...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/18 01:00:21 UTC

Generating a static index

All,

I'm using the excellent Grails web framework, and the documentation
tool it provides. The documenation tool allows you to write in wiki
and it will output fully formatted and linked documentation. What it
doesn't do is provide a search mechanism for docs (static html).

I think the best solution to my problem is to generate an index at
build time (after the HTML has been generated), and ship that with the
product. Since these files will literally never change, I want to
avoid having to index every time I deploy my web app. So, in my case,
the "indexing" and the "searching" operations are heavily disjoint. My
question to the group is, Can/Should I do this with Lucene? Is my
approach sane? Can an index be made portable?

Thanks for your help!
Nathan Wells

Re: Generating a static index

Posted by Nathan Wells <nw...@gmail.com>.
I haven't asked in the grails community yet. I definitely will.

Nathan Wells

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.