Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/31 22:42:15 UTC

Custom partitioner

Hi,

I'm trying to add my own custom partitioner and saw the example in the 0.8
producer example in the wiki.

However, when I set a broker list and set the custom partitioner class name
I did in the client, I see this error:

Partitioner cannot be used when broker list is set

Does this means a custom partitioner is only available when I use Zookeeper
to connect to Kafka?

Thanks,

Tim

Re: Custom partitioner

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, I am not aware that we have an 0.8 C# client. Which one are you using?

Thanks,

Jun

Re: Custom partitioner

Posted by "Tim Chen (343)" <ti...@microsoft.com>.