Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Minghui Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/19 01:49:31 UTC

[DISCUSS] Change current result set format of "disable align"

Hi,

Currently, if we use "disable align" in the SELECT statement, we will
get a resultset with 2 * n columns (n is the number of the selected
time series), like:

Time, root.sg1.d1.s1, Time, root.sg1.d1.s2, Time, root.sg1.d1.s3
1, 1, 2, 2.0, 1, true
2, 2, 3, 3.0, 3, false
5, 5, null, null, null, null

Using this format, we cannot conveniently iterate the result set by
order of time series. In addition, when the data volume of the
selected time series is different, some null values appear.

So, I want to change the result format to four columns, like:

timeseries, Time, value, dataType
root.sg1.d1.s1, 1, 1, INT32
root.sg1.d1.s1, 2, 2, INT32
root.sg1.d1.s1, 5, 5, INT32
root.sg1.d1.s2, 2, 2.0, DOUBLE
root.sg1.d1.s2, 3, 3.0, DOUBLE
root.sg1.d1.s3, 1, true, BOOLEAN
root.sg1.d1.s3, 3, false, BOOLEAN

What do you think? Welcome to discuss if you have any concerns or ideas!

JIRA LINK: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IOTDB-2100

Regards,
Minghui Liu
School of Software, Tsinghua University