Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de> on 2009/05/03 01:52:57 UTC

Patch review 2nd...

This time for file-asset: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-423.

Please review.

Open things are:
-For the start I introduced interface FileAssetAliasManager which has
exactly there same signature and semantics as ClasspathAliasManager.
IMHO ClasspathAliasManagerImpl and FileAssetAliasManagerImpl should
implement the same interface. What do you think?
-I used some error messages for the stack trace. Maybe they should be
extracted to the ServicesStrings.properties (which I haven't done yet)?
What is the convention of putting strings there. For all error messages
which can occur?
-@since tag is marked with a todo and not filled yet.

thanks.

--
 manuel aldana
 aldana@gmx.de

Re: Patch review 2nd...

Posted by Piero Sartini <ps...@sartini-its.com>.
> Though I think that such a file asset fits to the core. In fact I got
> some contacts who were really missing such a file asset.

This was my impression as well.. such an asset is needed. Was one of the first
things where I found tapestry missing some basic functionality.

In fact I ended up with Pages that return custom StreamResponses (Images,
Videos) to accomplish this functionality. But after all I am not sure such an
asset would be flexible enough for my needs... it was quite easy to switch
from os filesystem to distributed hadoop filesystem for example.

Anyway... in the beginning it would have been very handy to have a fs asset.

	Piero

Re: Patch review 2nd...

Posted by manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de>.
OK. thanks.

Though I think that such a file asset fits to the core. In fact I got
some contacts who were really missing such a file asset.

But you certainly know better what should be core and not.

Re: Patch review 2nd...

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I hope to review the patch this week. As it is something that will not
be needed by most developers, I may not apply it as-is to core.  In
fact, I'm thinking it should be part of the external tapx project.

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 4:57 PM, manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Forgot to mention: To see how it looks from user side have a look at
> AssetDemo.tml+java inside the integration test webapp app1/. I also added
> file asset to IntegrationTests.asset().
>
> manuel aldana schrieb:
>>
>> This time for file-asset: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-423.
>>
>> Please review.
>>
>> Open things are:
>> -For the start I introduced interface FileAssetAliasManager which has
>> exactly there same signature and semantics as ClasspathAliasManager. IMHO
>> ClasspathAliasManagerImpl and FileAssetAliasManagerImpl should implement the
>> same interface. What do you think?
>> -I used some error messages for the stack trace. Maybe they should be
>> extracted to the ServicesStrings.properties (which I haven't done yet)? What
>> is the convention of putting strings there. For all error messages which can
>> occur?
>> -@since tag is marked with a todo and not filled yet.
>>
>> thanks.
>>

> --
> manuel aldana
> aldana@gmx.de
> software-engineering blog: http://www.aldana-online.de

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry
Director of Open Source Technology at Formos

Re: Patch review 2nd...

Posted by manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de>.