Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/13 21:26:06 UTC

Time to create 4.6 branch ?

Guys,

As I know, 4.6 will be close to RC. I am wondering if it is time to create
4.6 branch, so that we can add the upgrade path to next version and new
features/improvements can be merged into master branch (to keep a clean 4.6
branch).

By the way, which is the new version? 4.7 or 5.0 ?

-Wei

Re: Time to create 4.6 branch ?

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
There indeed will be a 4.6 branch once 4.6RC passes and 4.6.0 is released. From this branch we will create 4.6.x releases.

The process is documented here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Release+principles+for+Apache+CloudStack+4.6+and+up

Regards,
Remi