Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kevin Whitley <ke...@podtech.net> on 2006/11/08 09:06:28 UTC

Notification of stale session?

Is there some way to receive notification that a session has become
stale?  I'm looking for something like the javax.servlet interface
HttpSessionBindingListener.  I have various resources associated with
a session and I'd like to free them up when the session times out
not waiting for somebody to hit the session (and notice it is stale).

Thanks,
Kevin Whitley
podtech.net

Re: Notification of stale session?

Posted by Peter Stavrinides <p....@albourne.com>.
There are many ways to do this, the most common and simplest is using a
simple pageValidate, but if you need something more complex for whatever
reason, you can also wire a listener using hivemind or even use your
web.xml file

i.e.
web.xml
<listener>
    <listener-class>
        com.test.application.SessionListener
    </listener-class>
</listener>

public class SessionListener implements
HttpSessionListener,HttpSessionAttributeListener  {

}

or using hivemind:
<implementation service-id="tapestry.error.StaleSessionExceptionPresenter">
        <invoke-factory>
            <construct class="application.StaleSessionListener"></construct>
        </invoke-factory>
 </implementation>

public class StaleSessionListener implements StaleSessionExceptionPresenter{
    public StaleSessionListener(){
    }
    public void presentStaleSessionException(IRequestCycle cycle,
StaleSessionException exception) throws IOException {
        System.out.println("a stale session was detected");
    }

}

Regards
Peter

Kevin Whitley wrote:
> Is there some way to receive notification that a session has become
> stale?  I'm looking for something like the javax.servlet interface
> HttpSessionBindingListener.  I have various resources associated with
> a session and I'd like to free them up when the session times out  not
> waiting for somebody to hit the session (and notice it is stale).
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Whitley
> podtech.net

Peter Stavrinides
Albourne Partners (Cyprus) Ltd
Tel: +357 22 750652

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Please visit http://www.albourne.com/email.html for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.