Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nenad Bosanac <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/11 13:04:57 UTC

How to enter in Tomcat Administration?

Hello!
I`d like to ask you how i can enter in Tomcat Web
Server Administrtaion Tool .
I don`t now the username and password ?
Is there any default adminsitrator username and
password?
By the way i have Tomcat 5.5.9 installed and working
fine.
Please help!

Re: How to enter in Tomcat Administration?

Posted by Nenad Bosanac <bo...@yahoo.com>.
I finally got it!
It was problem with roles.I didn`t put admin role
im tomcat-users.xml file.Now it works fantastic.
thanks for your help

--- Markus Schönhaber

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/manager-howto.html#Configuring%20Manager%20Application%20Access

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/valve.html

> Look at your
> .../conf/Catalina/localhost/manager.xml
> if there's a Valve configured.
>
> > you also said
> >
> > >Do the logfiles contain any error messages?
> >
> > My log file named localhost.2006-03-11 contain
> next
> > text:
> > /***************************************
> > Mar 11, 2006 12:03:47 PM
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> > INFO: org.apache.webapp.balancer.BalancerFilter:
> > init(): ruleChain:
> > [org.apache.webapp.balancer.RuleChain:

[org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.URLStringMatchRule:
> > Target string: News / Redirect URL:
> > http://www.cnn.com],

[org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.RequestParameterRule:
> > Target param name: paramName / Target param value:
> > paramValue / Redirect URL: http://www.yahoo.com],

[org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.AcceptEverythingRule:

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.

Posted by Nenad Bosanac <bo...@yahoo.com>.
Well you said
>Make that <user username=... />. But that shouldn't
>be the culprit.
How i can make username?

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.

Posted by Nenad Bosanac <bo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Nenad Bosanac <bo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Nenad Bosanac <bo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.
Nenad Bosanac wrote:
> Hello!
> I`d like to ask you how i can enter in Tomcat Web
> Server Administrtaion Tool .
> I don`t now the username and password ?
> Is there any default adminsitrator username and
> password?
> By the way i have Tomcat 5.5.9 installed and working
> fine.

Read this: